Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Final Coin, Tuskegee Airmen, In US Mint America The Beautiful Quarters Program Available February 8

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 478Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  12:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Final Coin, Tuskegee Airmen, In US Mint America The Beautiful Quarters Program Available February 8
2021, February 8

US Mint - WASHINGTON - On February 8, at noon EST, the United States Mint (Mint) will begin accepting orders for products featuring the 56th and final coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters Program. The coin honors the Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site in Alabama.

The coin's reverse (tails) depicts a Tuskegee Airman pilot suiting up to join the fight during World War II with the Moton Field control tower in the background. The pilot looks upward with pride and confidence as two P-51 Mustangs pass overhead. The inscription "THEY FOUGHT TWO WARS" is arced across the top as a reference to the dual battles the Tuskegee Airmen fought - fascism abroad and racial discrimination at home. Inscriptions are "TUSKEGEE AIRMEN," "ALABAMA," "2021," and "E PLURIBUS UNUM." The obverse (heads) features the 1932 portrait of George Washington by sculptor John Flanagan, with the inscriptions "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "LIBERTY," "IN GOD WE TRUST," and "QUARTER DOLLAR."

Product options and pricing are below.
PRODUCT OPTION   MINT MARK   PRICE
100-Coin Bag        P        $36.75
100-Coin Bag        D        $36.75
100-Coin Bag        S        $36.75
Two-Roll Set       P,D       $34.50
40-Coin Roll        S        $19.75
Three-Roll Set 	  P,D,S      $49.25

Coins in rolls and bags are produced at the Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco facilities. The three-roll set contains coins from all three facilities.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. Any experience with buying bags? Are there superior coins or most all damaged by nicks?

Tuskegee Airmen (Redtails) are neat guys. I got to meet some once because my father was an Orangetail (P-47, 358th FS) pilot and they hung out at an airshow a long time ago. Brings back good memories for me - probably not so much for them!

Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Pillar of the Community
United States
1075 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually buy the 3-roll sets. They come in a sealed box and are in great condition
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Valued Member
United States
113 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One year ago I tried buying mint bags of 100 ATB Quarters. Using a hand lens, out of 100 quarters I found 7 without any dings or scratches at all. Another 40 with small dings and scratches. The rest had lots and one of them looked like it had been wedged in the shute for a while, covered in dings.

Then I started buying rolls and the quality was much better. Leave off the two end coins that had machine rolling damage.
Edited by EDM
02/01/2021 4:36 pm
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will wait for the proof and uncirculated mint sets to fill my album holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1774 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least they're going out on a high note - I like this design.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1075 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not so high a note as I would like. I wish they would mint out a silver proof set like they did for all the other ATB Quarters. It kind of leave my collection un-finished...
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
Valued Member
United States
399 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I will wait for the proof and uncirculated mint sets to fill my album holes.

You'll have to buy the S-rolls/bags to get business strike S quarters.

I'm just glad I'll more be saving nearly $100/year... well, at least until the next series.
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not so high a note as I would like. I wish they would mint out a silver proof set like they did for all the other ATB Quarters. It kind of leave my collection un-finished...
Only way to get those now is to buy the complete proof sets.

Quote:
You'll have to buy the S-rolls/bags to get business strike S quarters.
I do not collect those, no hole in my album for them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1075 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only way to get those now is to buy the complete proof sets.

Right as rain there. I Do buy the complete silver mint as well, but I WANT the ATB set for these 2021 quarters as well

The mint had provided separate Silver proof sets for all the quarter sets from 2010 to 2020 in their own package (of which I have) but Noooo..., can't finish the series for the 2021's can they?

OK, done crying now...
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The two quarters will still be in their own lens I am sure (seven coins would be tight in one lens). You could get two proof sets if you want a silver ATB lens to go separately with the others you have collected, but that will be pricey. Stinks no matter what.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7058 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made a trip to the Tuskegee airfield in 2018 - very impressive museum and a solemn minder of our nations struggles to win WWII as well as battles at home.

Good to see this as a final design in this series.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Diy89Nurm7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Diy89Nurm7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I'll buy rolls and look for gems. It will interesting to see if COVID messes up mint plans and quantities this year.

Stay well.

Diy89Nurm7
Stay well,
Diy89Nurm7
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2021  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint beginning and following through with this series looks like a hugely successful campaign; personally, each new release is a little bit of fangirling on my part

Also, so many designs have really been both historically relevant and artistically beautiful. Kudos to the mint on grabbing so many eager eyes :)
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also, so many designs have really been both historically relevant and artistically beautiful.
The ATB series certainly learned lessons from the Statehood/DCT series.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 478Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05