Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Old Guy From Boise Idaho, Been Collecting Coins And Bills For 65 Years

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 230Next Topic  
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DennisA13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,
I found this forum because I bought a coin online that arrived today and seemed to have an interesting defect (posted elsewhere). It came with a small gift in the package that is a coin I had never seen and seems to be more valuable than the one I purchased. Anyway, I have collected pocket change and sorted them for 50 years. Lots of old silver. Biggest mistake I ever made was to buy my college slide rule with my drawer full of silver half dollars, saved just for that purpose. Proprietor put the coins in his pocket and put cash in the drawer, taught me I should look at coins even more than I had before. I have bought US Mint sets for decades. I have old family coins, Indian heads, old $2 bills, lots of odds and ends that I am hoping I can learn more about in this forum. Glad to see people who love coins and know so much about them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  10:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum and I am in Emmett Idaho close to Boise.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  07:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to have you here, I'm in Nampa.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2951 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Decent slide rules weren't cheap back in the day--neither were HP calculators.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8833 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Always nice to have another "old guy" aboard.
Any questions you have can probably be answered by one of our members
Just be sure to post each coin or bill in its own thread on the appropriate Forum.
A good photo of each side with your question will garner the most answers.
Learn More...
United States
95955 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18129 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Impossible to get a slide rule via eBay when they were new,
and I would not be surprised to find that it would be nigh on impossible to find one on eBay now, and perhaps there is no market for a steam powered typewriter or a battery driven bookmark, either.

Actually I still like to use a slide rule myself, and no battery required! This clue may give you an idea of which age group I belong - and I have been into coins for roughly the same amount of time.
Edited by sel_69l
01/28/2021 08:53 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14865 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF ,

Quote:
Always nice to have another "old guy" aboard.

I'm in on that quote !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
725 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6994 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF - pull up a stool to the community campfire and contribute as you can.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16236 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 01/31/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 230Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05