Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

When Do 2021 Canadian Circulation Coins Come Out?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 2,883Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  11:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canadianpennyman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone know roughly when (which month) the mint starts circulating new 2021 coins? I'm wondering when I will start seeing these appear in rolls.

Thanks,
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5728 Posts
 Posted 01/28/2021  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2021 I'm still looking for 2020, I still need .05 - loons and twoons, it will be a while before you see 2021.
Valued Member
Canada
246 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Judging by our government's usual efficiency....mid 2022
Canada
30 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  12:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigal12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I`ve got a 2021 maple leaf coming in the mail ,I see same supplier has several items pl set,silver dollars etc,some already sold out .
No rolls yet I see in that line up.
Valued Member
Canada
98 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  10:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
2021 I'm still looking for 2020, I still need .05 - loons and twoons, it will be a while before you see 2021.

If you're looking at the banks, good luck. Most aren't ordering rolls because of current abundance of supply (Covid usage related), and if they do order rolls have to take what they get - usually old recycled rolls.

Most of the larger dealers (Colonial Acres, Gatewest, etc) have 2020 rolls in stock, at a premium of course. If you want to go that way, take a look at their web sites to see who has the best deals on the particular rolls you want.
Edited by mikem
01/29/2021 10:24 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1050 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got the Canadian 2020's I needed in the mail last week from an eBay purchase; haven't seen any 2021's posted for sale yet. Do to covid, I can no longer visit your country to find any of my needs.

The 'Classic Uncirculated' set is available at the RCM website, but who knows when they will actually mail them out. I bought mine over two weeks ago and it's still being 'processed' (not in mail).

Here in the US, I don't expect to see any 2021's for at least a couple more months.
Edited by atticguy
01/29/2021 7:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found two of these from roll hunting yesterday in separate rolls. Wonder when they were released. Does anyone know the mintage?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  06:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgot to post the picture sorry

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
675 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found two of these from roll hunting yesterday in separate rolls. Wonder when they were released. Does anyone know the mintage?

Mintage of 2021-dated circulation coins will be issued in the RCM's 2021 annual report. (Well, let's hope the tradition of reporting the mintage for circulation coins in the annual report will continue).
The 2021 report will be issued April or May 2022.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I wonder if mayb a low mintage because of covid but I guess we will find out. Iv now got a 2021 quarter and nickel, both in almost uncirculated condition. Got in bank rolls from the bank
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had any clue how to use eBay I'd sell you a 2021 quarter at cost plus shipping or w.e I found a third one today
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
675 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  03:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Covid-19 has had a very strong negative effect on mintage numbers for Canadian circulation coinage. 2020 has seen one of the lowest, if not the lowest, mintage for circulation coins. However, millions of coins were still minted.
Mintage figures (rounded and in Millions) for 2020 circulation coins, including cir. commemoratives:

5c: 31.75
10c: 68.75
25c: 96.0
$1: 15.64
$2: 17.24

A few more details can be found at the end of the 2020 annual report.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya definitely had an impact, now I'm trying to find the 2021 dine loonie and toonie. Do they release coins at different times? Or if I'm finding nickels and quarters should I be able to find the other denominations?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
675 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do they release coins at different times?

The RCM releases the coins according to demand. So, the rollout is usually over a period of time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1320 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks:) I'll keep looking for the dine toonie and loonies. I wonder if 2021 is going to be all normal coins or if there will be some special ones. Ooo mayb some covid related coins next year:p
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
675 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if 2021 is going to be all normal coins or if there will be some special ones.

There are going to be seven circulation commemoratives in 2021:
--$2 (Toonie), coloured, non-coloured: ''Discovery of Insulin''
--$1 (Loonie), coloured, non-coloured: ''Klondike Gold Rush''
--10 Cent, one design coloured and non-coloured; a second design with double date (non-coloured only)
Edited by redlock
07/09/2021 2:18 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 32 / Views: 2,883Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05