Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 B Duplicate Serial Number

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,034Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2021  9:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHead61 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  02:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of these have different serial numbers. They all appear to be circulated star notes of little value. I am not certain what you are looking for in this post...
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  04:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF and
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps looking for the duplicate serial number/matching thread?
http://goccf.com/t/364714
Learn More...
United States
108250 Posts
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 02/15/2021  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@captaincoffee - fascinating, was not aware of this!
Canada
28 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PastExpiry to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@CoinHead61
Please add these serial numbers to the new online database so I can help you find the matching pair! One matching pair recently sold at auction for $7200! https://project2013b.blogspot.com/2...welcome.html
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What am I missing here
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What am I missing here ?

Five of the upper eight threads here on CCF are referencing this subject. I'm not understanding what you're missing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 10/11/2021  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't get this whole thread
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  06:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't get this whole thread.

The OP hasn't replied, but I'm guessing they're hoping to match these notes up with a potential match referenced in the links provided by both captaincoffee and PastExpiry. The notes themselves are not of much value, but if coupled with a matching serial number can be worth thousands.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42745 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If a star note is a replacement for the original note,how can the replaced note still exist?
John1
Pillar of the Community
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The various threads here on CCF explain the blunder made by the BEP John.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
390 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello John1,

In a nutshell, the BEP made a mistake and had some Starnotes from the same series (2013), same Denomination ($1), and same FRB (B-New York), printed with already authorized/printed Serial numbers, and they were released into circulation.

So collectors are trying to find matched pairs like the one pictured below.

Hope that helps, have a wonderful day!

Pillar of the Community
United States
560 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The matching blocks of New York star notes were produced at the BEP's Ft. Worth and DC facilities. Apparently they didn't communicate with each other and the notes made it into circulation before the error was realized.
Edited by GregAlex
11/07/2021 2:52 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 1,034Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: