Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Show Us Railroad Tickets!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 267Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
There is a nifty "ticket" thread here, and it has a wide range of ticket types in it. I decided maybe for organization's sake we should at least have a separate thread for RAILROAD tickets, as that topic alone could end up being many pages long (if I have anything to do about it)...

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Highland Street Rwy (Boston area)

Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boston Elevated Rwy

Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NYNH&HRR
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NYNH&HRR

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18141 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A thing of the past. One of the reasons why they should be collected and studied. RR tickets are, in effect, collectible historical documents of an older technology.

Same will happen to stamps, coins and banknotes. All will eventually become digital, something like Bitcoin.

Now, lots of people buy their digital RR tickets with their mobile 'phones. Can't post pictures of those on line !

Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are cool! I might have scans of a couple trolley tickets, but I'll have to do some digging.
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder which are rarer....... proper railroad or trolley/transit tickets? I bet trolley tickets were thrown away more often, but possibly issued more often as well. Some people would ride a train every day, some only for trips. BUT the same can/could be said for trolley riders. BUT railroad passenger service existed longer...

Would make quite a study!

My personal experience which is only since about 2003 is that "transit" tickets are rarer. BUT I can definitely be wrong!
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fitchburg RR

Old Colony RR
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2021  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a teeny tiny ticket for a mule-drawn street trolley. Probably circa 1880s. I scanned it next to a stamp to give you a sense of scale.

Edited by GregAlex
02/27/2021 8:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE! Want... need...
Valued Member
United States
344 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Boston Revere Beach & Lynn (narrow gauge RR) ferry ticket:
Pillar of the Community
United States
2562 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2021  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have a ticket to ride to the Crush Crash?
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 267Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05