Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1945 Walker Half For Grading.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 323Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  12:50 pm Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looking to fill a type set with low MS coins. Don't have a graded Walker yet. Got a couple I could send in. Questioning whether either will be MS.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3037 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kinda looks polished to me
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does seem to be a bit too "shiny" on the high points.
Everything can change in just one day.........

Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
55729 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly plated?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15008 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the same boat ,looks plated .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3037 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didn't think about plated. Leaning that way now
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1050 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kind of looks plated in the photos supplied.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't plated or polished lose it's luster. The pics show some luster. Not as much as the actual coin. The reverse pic shows luster right above and between the eagles wings. Beneath STATES OF. The opposite side of the coin does too. Near and over the word HALF. Obverse shows a little over liberty's head. Between one of the suns rays. And just left of the words IN and WE.

Just going by the details left at the wear spots, is there enough left for MS? Is the ding on the chest feathers enough to details it?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18338 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2021  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very lightly polished? - Perhaps, - maybe? on the high points. I see also the possibility that it could be very light wear.
Plated? No, - there is still evidence of luster in the more protected parts of the coin.

Can't see any field dings, and high points still OK.
I think it could still get an MS grade, but be prepared for a 'comments'.

With these pictures, I will say
AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
646 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the ding on the eagle is more acceptable than a ding in the fields. The wear on the obverse high points looks typical for a lightly circulated coin...from the knee to the bust seem to smooth out first. Decent hand...no real thumb...but fingers and not just a blob...
At least AU-58...maybe MS-62.
Nice coin...look fwd to seeing the rest of your set...I have 1 more to go for my MS short set.
smat
Edited by smat45
03/02/2021 04:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
9917 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
based on these photos the coins appears to be polished. UNC details. if OP would like a reassessment I suggest posting other photos without overhead/flash lighting
Pillar of the Community
United States
850 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Polished, dipped, something.
The entire field looks just,...funny.
I would pass.
Edited by NumisEd
03/02/2021 9:02 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21985 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS details, cleaned.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 323Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05