Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Finds - Paid Face Value

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 827Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  02:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I guess this is the section I need to be in if not can you move it please I didnt buy these rather found them paid face value some are just not very appealing not sure yet youll be seeing them just as me when I upload them .... have fun gl hunting.

The next ones I found today as well I think I like the 71 the most out of this lot can anyone estimate the grade on it being a weak strike or and off center (no or very little L)

Thanks for all the help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
667 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  03:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last 2 cents (53 S and 71 D)- I would hang onto.
Everything else are spenders. .. never be worth more than face...
Mark
ANA Member
Official Snowbird! Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
My7070
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5530 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
can anyone estimate the grade on it being a weak strike or and off center (no or very little L)

It appears to be a struck-through grease error - a case where grease has filled the "L" recessed area of the die and thus prevented its details from being realized on the struck coin.

Struck-through-grease errors are very common, and do not tend to add much value to a coin when the filled/missing area is minor (such as on your Lincoln cent). I've seen minor greased-filled cents being offer for $1.00 at coin shows.

In contrast, if the grease-filled area caused Lincoln's portrait to go mostly missing, you'd have something of real value!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
98038 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I guess this is the section I need to be in if not can you move it please
Your reply was split into its own topic and moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
38503 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One coin per thread please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I searched around a little more and that coin is q known variety ...it went to auction at ms 65 red n brought 180$ ....personally I think mine looks better then the one thats graded. Here is the registry # n header :

Let me know what ya think also I see alot of these guys posting quarters and other denominations with mint errors like on those quarters n seems they arent even that great. Whats the differnce in theirs being worth money and mine being not?
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone paid $180. for that coin they paid $179.99 too much. It is a common over polished die. Your dime and quarter spent some time on a parking lot. They are just damaged. Stick around on this site and do some searching. You will learn what to look for, and what to throw back. Good luck. I will refer you to Coops post "damaged coins are not errors" in the error forum. He tells it better than anyone.
Edited by Cujohn
03/03/2021 1:21 pm
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay but as ive said I just like collecting pennies and odd coins as those .... and still I dont see how you would get the R in oregon to fold over the top of the fold in it .. I looked at both of them ans they have raised metals in places that cant be there from neing tossed around likexbehond washingtons head that isxam extra piece of metal blob not an indention
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3055 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.personally I think mine looks better

I dont think this coin makes MS-65.
One coin per topic please
Valued Member
United States
249 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whenever you have a indentation the metal has to go somewhere, it doesn't just disappear.
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got this today in change .... along with 8 others (2 !)are well circulated) other six arent and 3 are reverse cameo I believe its called. 9$ total face value spent:
Yesterday was Kennedy 50c pieces got quite a few....gl ill post one of those coins ....

Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numiscrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before even considering the matter of the mint mark and what is possible, what do you see when comparing your dollar to the pictured coins?

https://www.coincommunity.com/us_do...l_dollar.asp
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really I have no idea I just post what I get everyday I dont have time to post them all seperately ....

Gl hunting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2829 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  05:47 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PenKneeMan said...

Quote:
I dont have time to post them all seperately ....

It really doesn't take any more time to post a new topic than it does to add a new item to an old post. It will get more attention and better replies.

It's difficult to comment on a multi-coin post without having to go back and try to figure out what coin each comment is about.

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorrry I havent checked in in a few days works been crazy ...anyways just gonna post a couple coins .... happy hunting goodluck ...

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  12:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PenKneeMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 827Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05