Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hai Muoi Dong Viet-Nam 20

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 247Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
491 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2021  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I also am wondering about this on. Same story and no date. 1967 or earlier.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
22016 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2021  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one is a South Vietnam (National Bank of Vietnam) 20 Dong, no date but issued 1964. P-16 catalog number.
Yours is very faded and should look like this;

Edited by IndianGoldEagle
03/05/2021 2:08 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10917 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, quite the difference betewen the two.
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Father was infantry in the army during that time and I guess that's why mine looks bad. Big difference indeed. I like the history to mine alot more then its value. Thank you for your reply. Wow big difference though...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1265 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow big difference though...

- this is why I have always encouraged collectors to go for UNC. Otherwise, its just "used money." It's especially important to get the best example you can from many Asian countries - which are still fairly cheap for 20 years or newer. Right now most US collectors don't give world currency a 2nd thought but will that always be the case? If young Americans suddenly want world currency then only one thing will happen (prices go up as demand increases). Even now, some world polymer is getting tough since younger collectors like polymer. (Good luck trying to get early polymer hybrids!)

- When I started collecting world banknotes 3 short years ago, I could have bought most Fiji banknotes from late 90's to early 2000 for super cheap. Now I'm lucky if I can get them for BV. Things are changing fast folks- so might be a good time to get some nice clean UNC examples while they're still inexpensive.
Valued Member
United States
491 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That inspires me to take a notice. This note I have has a different value to it and its condition and the American soldier that carried it has its story.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05