Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

ID Help For Roman Provincial Coin - Strange

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 334Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:44 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is the second Roman Provincial I am requesting identifying help with.

Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry I forgot to include the measurements, it's 28mm.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5716 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obverse reminds me of some Imperial Agrippa ases. Wacky reverse. Overstrike?
Edited by Bob L
03/07/2021 09:02 am
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bob L,

Thanks for your quick response. I was wondering the same thing - if it was a double strike.
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 03/07/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it is the Agrippa AS and perhaps it is not an overstrike, but part of the surface of the top of the reverse is missing so it looks like a line above Neptune. There are not that many great ones of these but there are a lot of lower grade ones in big lots like you see the Claudius Minerva As in a lower grade all the time.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went to wildwinds and still could not find anything that resemble my coin. Could you point me in the right direction?
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
844 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  08:42 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ruger9a;

Instead of one example it is best to give you a lot so you see the pattern. Especially that lone "F" over his head which is very unique for a Roman As series. This acsearch page below give you 836 examples of the coin to scroll through. I think you will see it after looking at a few.

https://www.acsearch.info/search.ht...usd&company=
Learn More...
United States
98119 Posts
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  04:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No luck on this one. I reviewed all the pages and cannot find anything that matches. Thanks again for your help.
Valued Member
United States
173 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  04:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ruger9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jbuck.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 334Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05