Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Turban Tuesday: 1795 Capped Bust Eagle PCGS MS65

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 497Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  6:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1795 $10 13 Leaves MS65 PCGS. BD-5, R.5. Bass-Dannreuther Die State e/c. Just a handful of United States coins are alluring and important enough to capture the attention and bidding activity of people who do not even consider themselves coin collectors. The coin offered here is just such a coin -- this truly spectacular example of the first ever ten dollar gold piece released by the United States Mint. As such, it is arguably the most historically important United States gold coin ever issued.

Read More: Coin of the Day Series

Check out certified eagles on ebay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7118 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular indeed! Thanks for sharing the news
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58321 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does that not just leave you speechless.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2290 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on previous experience, I opened this hoping for information about buying one for under $1000. I would be willing to accept a lower grade.

Alas.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
03/16/2021 7:06 pm
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always thought she was wearing a cowboy hat until I realized it's an errant strand of hair atop her cap. I've always found this design a bit interesting but that detail just peeves me.

And then don't get me started on the skinny chicken on the back

I will always appreciate the history of the piece, but I'll pass on saving up the cash
Learn More...
United States
100962 Posts
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 03/17/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin! It always makes me wonder how these coins can stay in such great shape for 225 years.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 497Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05