Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1996 Toonie Cigar Variety?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 556Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  1:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this in some change I was rolling. What do you guys think cigar or no?

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Edited by coinman91
03/22/2021 1:34 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10240 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is the Die Chip Cigar.
Not really a variety though, die chips are not varieties.
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Thanks Jimmy, good to know!
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Canada
43 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadianpennyman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been looking for one of those with my kids. Nice find! Have lots of other people found these? Are they really rare?
Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took me a long time of searching to find my example.Also found the Rhino chip toonie not long after.
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies! Glad to have one for my collection then for sure.
Edited by coinman91
03/22/2021 10:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitively you have the cigar variety. damage is not in the best shape, but it is a keeper.
Valued Member
Canada
119 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2021  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Silviosi! I agree I wish it was better shape but it will have to do for a 25 year old coin I guess haha
Pillar of the Community
Canada
846 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  05:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And in the next 25 years you can not know.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 556Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05