$250. Found another 1834 Half Cent I liked. This one appears to be a C-1 (the only die pair for this year) with heavily clashed dies. Always am amazed how many of these really low mintage (141,000 recorded but likely less) Half Cents from 186 years ago remain in higher grades.
VERY nice coin. Appears to be Die State 2.0 (single die clash lines).
Grade? I'm having trouble deciding. I see some high points with loss of details BUT the bow's knot appears to be full so I'm going with a weakish strike and MS-64. At worst AU-58.
AU55 I think if it had a little luster peaking through it could make 58 sadly it looks like its all gone. you're correct about the number if these in higher grades around.
Thankfully, this one arrived without any further drama. Coin is dark more like in seller's pics, but these are my pics under a bright incandescent light. Thoughts? Thanks!
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2026 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited. Contact Us | Advertise Here | Privacy Policy / Terms of Use