Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 D LSC With Thickened/Doubled REV Devices

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  5:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Take a look at the reverse of this 2020D LSC. I see thickening on the designers initials, and notching on the lower legs of M,E,R and I in AMERICA.
There is no listing of a DDR for the 2020D LSC.
Thanks for taking a look. I look forward to your comments.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am leaning towards MD and light induced doubling not a DDR.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for taking a look, John1. But let me respond by saying I took great care to take photos with filtered light and without reflective light that might imitate doubling in the images provided. And, the thickening on the designer initials we see would be difficult to duplicate with reflective light IMHO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4838 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pictures are pretty good. I'd say it's not a doubled die but just a later die state. Another thing you can do is look at the inside of the devices. The loops of the B are the same size as they would normally be, so probably no doubled die here. Keep hunting!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/05/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks CoinHunter27. I agree it is a close call on the thickened/doubling of the LB. But, from my view, the JFM is really much larger than what I am seeing on other 2020D LSCs.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50088 Posts
 Posted 04/06/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best way to tell if it is Machine Doubling on these, is to look at the EPU devices. If they are enlarged, it is MD.

If it looks like this, then it is a DDR:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
94 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mb560600 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Coop, I do see some enlargement of the letters in EPU. So, it's MD.
Thanks for the helpful analysis. And thanks to Coinhunter27 and John1 for also weighing in.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05