Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 Lincoln Cent Doubled Die?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 143Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
66 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  12:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Kgil to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Looks like DD on 1969 DD Obverse and DD on Memorial and no FG that I can see

Pillar of the Community
Canada
9398 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please start a new thread with each new coin. This saves confusion on what coin people are referring to.
To answer your question, there is no DD on the 1969.
What you have is known as a floating roof where the roof supports, Abe Lincoln and the initials have
been removed due to Die Polishing.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
280 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, with everything JimmyD said. However, PCGS does recognize this as a variety called a No FG (speaking strictly about the 1969 D). They do carry a small premium but they have to be in an upper MS condition in Red if I remember correctly. I have found several of these but to qualify as a No FG the designer's initials (FG) have to be completely missing with no trace of the initials.
Edited by Scuba1
04/08/2021 12:36 pm
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21224 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2021  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Split out. Please stop posting two of every picture. The smaller ones are not necessary.
Valued Member
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kgil to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks
Valued Member
United States
99 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2021  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnH4444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice No FG! One time I thought I found one, but when I put it under a loupe it was still just barely there. Still kept it, though
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 143Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05