Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wood Bison Double Print? Worth?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 434Next Topic  

Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  1:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Plove2701 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Has anyone come across this before? I can't seem to find any photos online of this. Worth anything?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
9805 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the CCF

Not sure what you mean by double printed, coins are struck or minted,
currency is printed. All I see is some damage from a vending or coin wrapping machine.
Worth 25 cents
Edited by JimmyD
04/11/2021 2:17 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1103 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you referring to the white area over 'Canada'?
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Plove2701 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very new to this forum, I don't know the proper terminology, just never seen it before and wanted info, that's all, no need to be rude
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8374 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell exactly from your pics, but if it has a white spot and it's still in the original mint packaging, it will be worth a few bucks.
Otherwise it's worth 25 cents.
Can you show us a pic of the whole package?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
04/11/2021 2:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2217 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Has anyone come across this before?" Come across what exactly? Please share what you're seeing.
Valued Member
Canada
96 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Castor sous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ! looks like the primer coat was place at the wrong place (I didn't know there was a primer coat in these years). But the coin as a big wrapping machin scratch all around it. Little premium maybe.
Edited by Castor sous
04/11/2021 3:53 pm
Learn More...
United States
99535 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
892 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2021  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PMD, the large scratch around the rim from a rolling machine indicates that the coin was in circulation at one point. Also, white paint was not used for the 2011 coloured quarters so most likely a drop of paint was added during circulation, no added value over face IMO.
Aggressively searching Canadian Small Cents on a daily basis since 2018.

Some of my Discoveries.
1941 George VI 1 Cent DDO http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=367977
1976 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDO http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=373627
1970 Queen Elizabeth II 1 Cent DDR http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=364301
1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=362747
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 434Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05