Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Have To Ask What Is The Best Penny Found In Circulation.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 586Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
223 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wonder if folks out there are finding great coins in circulation. Also did you get it graded? What was it worth at the time? How did you come across it. This would be nice to hear about as some like to say u wont find anything. Secretly I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that people do have stories to share of findings... javascript:insertsmilie('')
Valued Member
United States
146 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coin rejector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found nearly an entire roll of MS '74 D LMC's, in one of the last boxes I bought from the bank. At first glance, I assumed they were actually 20's or 21's. There's one in particular I think might grade really really high but I'd need it to grade PCGS MS67+ to make it worth the time/effort.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1644 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can check some of the links in my signature line to see some of my better CRH finds. Some highlights on pennies for me have been a 1996 FS-101, a 1995 FS-101, and a 1922-D semi-key date.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1985 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife got me 50 rolls of pennies from the bank last Christmas and found this in one of the rolls - by far the best roll find so far.
http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/...IC_ID=390421

Everything can change in just one day.........
Best Lincoln roll find & Nicest WOODY find
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
385 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
found this 1914s in a bwr---

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3302 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never done a whole lot of bank roll hunting, probably less than 50 boxes total. The only thing that stands out was a 1999 Wide-AM in a fairly high MS RD condition. At the time I was finding things and selling them to raise some cash, and I got $300 for it. Today I would grade it and keep it, as I've never come across another one in anything close to that condition.
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine isn't valuable, but it was a fun one. I was a cashier a very long time ago and someone gave me some change with one AU steel cent. Now I didn't know then that that's normal and I thought it was plated or chemically altered so I kept it and started reading about how you would do that (this was a very boring job). This was the coin that led me here and into my hobby where I am now.
Edited by IsThisAnything
04/22/2021 10:36 pm
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2021  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surprisingly, my first variety is my 'best' find while CRH'ing. It is a 1988D RDV6 and I was about to give up searching before I found it. That was about 3 years ago and I still have it somewhere in a flip, may get it graded (one day).

Those of us west of the Rockies have a much bigger challenge than everyone else so I don't do bank bricks anymore. Have since resorted to buying memorials and wheats in bulk from my LCS, coin shows [pre-covid] and online.

Edited by CentSation
04/22/2021 11:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
463 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JDRMCB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it would have to be my 1983-P DDR that I found in MS, but I have also found decent examples of the 1936-P DDO #2, 1972-P DDO #2 and the 1995-P DDO....

Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent shares... Thanks this was exciting to hear about and also nice of you to share images to see them.
Edited by youngmaster
04/25/2021 02:43 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 04/25/2021  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine would be the 1936P DDO-001 that I found recently in a lot of 43 pounds of pennies I bought at a local auction. I sent it off to ANACS for grading.

Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2013 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of my better finds have admittedly come from picking shows, shops , unc. rolls and ebay but some nice things have come from regular roll searches too.
A couple 1994 ddr#1's , a few 1997 ddo#1's, a 1964 ddr#1 , some of the 1972 DDO's. A die #1 and #2 on the obverse of the 1995 Philly.
One of my favorites is this 1983 counterclash die #2

I guess another fav is my 1996 grease mould doubled example

Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great! Thanks for sharing...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50867 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife got me 50 rolls of pennies from the bank last Christmas and found this in one of the rolls - by far the best roll find so far.

You sound like a cheap date. LOL

I'll be adding your images to my educational files.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
04/27/2021 5:07 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Staff Edit - We are here to help. If you cannot be constructive, please refrain from replying ***
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 05/02/2021  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to the staff being there... I like the images shown here they have been excellent shares... I appreciate all your responses.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 586Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05