Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Classic US Commemorative Coins With Stars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 215Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  6:17 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's another index to a set of classic era US commemorative coins that fit the topic or theme of "Coins with Stars" over in the "Post Your..." forum area. I came up with 28 different coin types that include one or more stars within their overall design. Have I missed any?

Stars on US coins are a very common occurrence (or at least they used to be before the explosion of modern coin designs via the State Quarters, ATB Quarters, Presidential dollars, etc.). The classic era of US commemorative coins (1892-1954) took place within the "olden days" period, so many of the coins in the series also incorporate stars into their designs.

One Note: So that someone doesn't try to catch me on a technicality...this list does not include coins with a sun in their design unless the coin also features one or more stars. Yes, the sun is a star, but a much different object than the five- or six-pointed stars that are the focus of the list. So, for example, the Daniel Boone Bicentennial half dollar is not included on this list - it is, however, included on my "Coins Depicting the Sun" index.

This index provides quick access to more than two dozen brief discussions of classic commemorative coins that include stars. Some of the posts include interesting factoids about the subject coins, others are a bit more mundane (because of how the stars were used on the coin).

1. 1892 World's Columbian Exposition, Half Dollar
2. 1900 Lafayette Memorial, Dollar
3. 1918 Illinois Statehood Centennial
4. 1920 Maine Statehood Centennial
5. 1920-21 Pilgrim Tercentenary
6. 1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial
7. 1921 Missouri Statehood Centennial
8. 1922 Grant Birth Centenary - with Star Variety, Half Dollar + Gold $1.00
9. 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial
10a. 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial - Obverse
10b. 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial - Reverse
11. 1926-39 Oregon Trail Memorial
12. 1934 Maryland Tercentenary
13. 1934-38 Texas Independence Centennial
14. 1935-39 Arkansas Statehood Centennial
15. 1935 Connecticut Tercentenary
16. 1936 Cleveland Centennial / Great Lakes Exposition
17. 1936 Columbia, SC Sesquicentennial
18. 1936 Elgin, IL Centennial
19. 1936 Gettysburg, Battle of 75th Anniversary
20. 1936 Robinson - Arkansas Statehood Centennial
21. 1936 San Francisco - Oakland Bay Bridge Opening ("Bay Bridge")
22. 1936 United States-Philippine Islands Commonwealth Set
23. 1936 Wisconsin Territorial Centennial
24. 1936 York County Tercentenary
25. 1937 Antietam, Battle of 75th Anniversary
26. 1946-51 Booker T. Washington Memorial
27. 1946 Iowa Statehood Centennial
28. 1951-54 Carver-Washington

For more in-depth discussions of the stars on the Antietam and Stone Mountain coins, see:

- Stars on the 1937 Antietam
- 1925 Stone Mountain - Seeing Stars

As I stated in my previous index posts, there is quite a variety of world coins on display in the target thread - this time with "star coins" - so I encourage you to scroll around a bit after you check out one or more of my US commemorative posts!

As always, for more of my topics on commemorative coins ANA medals, see: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
101057 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 215Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05