Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Coin Do You Like Better, The Wheat Cent Or The Lincoln Memorial Cent?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,214Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I donīt think to much of anyone likes the shield zincolns.
United States
43 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Voted Wheat cent. I do pick Memorial Cents up off the ground.
Learn More...
United States
103966 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I donīt think to much of anyone likes the shield zincolns.
It is the "Zincoln" part that I dislike the most. I would love to see a bronze shield cent (NIFC, of course).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9958 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheaties are generally more valuable but I have very few in my collection. If I had a 55 doubled die it would be one of my very favorites. I have far less Memorials.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4989 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a fan of the Wheaties. Just something I like more than the LMCs.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am in with the Wheaties. Always a chance of finding something special.
Learn More...
United States
103966 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wheaties are generally more valuable but I have very few in my collection. If I had a 55 doubled die it would be one of my very favorites. I have far less Memorials.
No surprise, coming from The Nickel Guy!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1554 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoubleEagle20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wheat cents.
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tezro128 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the memorial, since it fits better when you compare it to the Jefferson nickel with the Monticello. I have a special spot in my heart for Wheaties, but I just don't get how 2 wheat ears relate to Abraham Lincoln.
Learn More...
United States
103966 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I prefer the memorial, since it fits better when you compare it to the Jefferson nickel with the Monticello.
Good point!

Quote:
I just don't get how 2 wheat ears relate to Abraham Lincoln.
Amber waves of grain. He preserved the Union? Probably more for America than for Lincoln.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3133 Posts
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05