Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Penny Has DDO / DDR

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 434Next Topic  

United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  10:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was going through my change and seen I had a 2021 penny. My woman said she'd never seen one so I brought it to her and we looked at it and he was cool so I decided I'd put it under the scope to my amazement I almost fell over hopefully I'm right.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  11:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My woman? Lighting angle makes it difficult to evaluate this coin.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51564 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Using a two light setup defeats what you are seeing. Why? With a single light you see light and shadows. With two light it removes the shadows and creates false ones around corners. Remove on light and you will probably see what I'm saying. It is probably a normal coin, but the light is deceiving you.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1699 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to you and 'your woman' (kind of offensive to say it that way isn't it?)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36
My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarters Albums coin count: 423/423
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well well I couldnt remove the light it's on my scope,but I did turn off the other light here are some more pics

United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't using a two light setup the ceiling light was on and my camera has a digital lights around a circle and maybe it was too much lighting so I shut the ceiling off I wish I could do more but I've looked at several other coins with same lighting and they don't show nothing like that
Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think you are going to have to do what I did. Block off all but one light on your scope at the 12k position and maybe have to put a filter over that.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to figure it out thank you
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51564 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use blockers to prevent unwanted light getting to the coin causing the unwanted light issue.

To determine the direction, place you hand in various directions to see where the unwanted light direction is coming. Then tape paper to prevent that light source.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
5966 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
'your woman' (kind of offensive to say it that way isn't it?)

As a "woman", yeah, this is VERY offensive.

ša va bien aller

United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blocked off one little LED light going I hope it's good enough

Pillar of the Community
United States
1847 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yikes dude - "your woman"?
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
2000-D Maryland Quarter Rotated Die http://goccf.com/t/394553
1988-P "Reverse of '89": http://goccf.com/t/399390
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hlw1976 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to let you guys know that I have moved and replaced in cut off my lights and found that the 2021 penny that I had or pennies are not double die or anything thank you for your help
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51564 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The important lesson is you've figured out the issue, and now have cleared that hurdle. Now on to the next one. Many can read of your progress, and can benefit from your post. So it is not a waste of time. But a learning curve. Thanks for posting. If others feel this thread helped them, please comment to show how many do benefit from this discussion. Thanks all.
Richard S. Cooper

Pillar of the Community
United States
801 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yall get insulted by "my woman" too easily...in most of the south it basically means wife or girlfriend...if he said my wife or my girlfriend you wouldn't be offended even though they all show "possession" which I assume is why you are offended.. it is common language in the south.
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 434Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05