Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Post Pictures Of Your Rare/Interesting British Coins Here!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 3,005Next Topic
Page: of 7
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  10:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Valued Member
United Kingdom
52 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add saxon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Cromwell shilling
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3946 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Proof Cameo 63 NGC
Edited by Pacificoin
05/09/2021 2:09 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@saxon Amazing! I've always wanted a Cromwell coin but never got the chance to own one.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Pacificoin, this gothic crown is in amazing condition and looks beautiful. One of the best ones I have seen! You're so lucky to own this coin!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
652 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one at the other end of the age scale - Athelwulf penny, circa 850AD, S1051 in Spink:

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8872 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2021  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coins posted so far!

A few mis-struck British coins from my collection:

1971 2p with clipped planchet:

1944 threepence - lamination error:

2014 10p with large cud on the reverse:
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@PaddyB Definitely at the other end of the age scale. Your coin has been through most of Britain's history!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@NumisRob I really do love error coins. These few that you have are really cool! Nice! I especially love the George VI thruppence that you have. I've never seen one like yours before.
Edited by hwilkinson
05/11/2021 6:58 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
481 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of my favourites 1864 Half Penny raised stop between H & A of Half . So far only 3 known to exist

Valued Member
United Kingdom
481 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poor picture taken through the coffin it resides in Was given a grade of VF50 a little conservative IMO. Lovely coin and a real Key date 1905 .925 Silver Shilling from the reign of Edward VII
Valued Member
United Kingdom
481 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last one for now Extremely rare 1837 William IV .925 Silver sixpence Mint error B of BRITANNIAR struck over an R. As far as I am aware this is the finest example

Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ zookeeperz these are all yours? WOW. So nice!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
481 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zookeeperz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ hwilkinson yes mate they all belong to me :)
Valued Member
United Kingdom
60 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hwilkinson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@zookeeperz Wow! You must have an amazing collection!
Learn More...
United States
101828 Posts
Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 91 / Views: 3,005Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05