Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whitman Or Marcus Plastic 2x2 Snaplocks?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 198Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The time has come to build up the JFK Half Dollar Collection. A recent purchase came in a hard plastic holder, no insert. In my Googling research I found that these are manufactured by Whitman and Marcus Plastics. Finding a vendor or a seller in Canada is... impossible or, is it?

I found a few online places in the USA to get 25 at a decent price but of course Shipping is the issue... when it is more than my purchase price, I don't usually get it whatever it is unless I can combine Shipping to get a great deal.

I'm not a Silver Stacker. The disposable income is not really "disposable" but I can afford to get one of my favorite type coins, JFK's, and protect them well enough.

I really like these clear, 2x2, no insert hard plastic holders, does anyone know of an inexpensive alternative or idea or lot of gently used that might be good for some trade or whatnot?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
39370 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you don't mind round ones,Air-Tite is a good brand.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you don't mind round ones

I like the idea of the hard plastic page that holds however many it does but those are expensive and, my Circulated Canadian Silver 50 Cent pieces, 92 in total, are in the round air tight type and carrying case, and while it is swell, lol, the Uncirculated JFK's deserve better.

Thanks for your reply.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8022 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I collect mainly copper coins, I like the insert ones, and regularly use the intercept brand. But the Whitman I also have used and found nothing bad about them. I have a few half dollar sized Whitman branded ones, holding some quite valuable walkers currently and they have been in the holders for at least 8 years no with no signs of any change to the coins, they do their job just fine.

I've never heard of the Markus brand, must be Austrian or German?
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Edited by westcoin
05/16/2021 4:12 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 198Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05