Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1938 Mercury Dime PF64 #2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 305Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Matthew23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wanted to see what y'all thought about this one looks better than the other one. Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58159 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are those two scratches in front of the chin on the coin or the holder?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2452 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming those scratches are in the holder, I'd say MS64 is fair, maybe closer to 65.

I prefer this one over the other.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6353 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like this of the three
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18537 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  02:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a bad rim dent behind Mercury's head?
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  04:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is that a bad rim dent behind Mercury's head?

I think those are little plastic feet holding the coin in place. You can see them around 2 6 and 10 o'clock then at 12 4 and 8 on the reverse photo

This one looks good to me. Might be some light discoloration beneath the reverse motto, but hardly unsightly.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18537 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that is the case, all A OK!
Learn More...
United States
100731 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A holder that old is going to have some scratches. I am sure the coin is superb and better than the other one you posted.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05