Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wheat Pennies - Have These Been Cleaned

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  11:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chipher10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased several plastic tubes of wheat pennies and most are just standard brown wheat pennies. However there are several rolls such as the pennies found in the below. pictures. I assume these are cleaned but want to double check before tossing them in the unwanted pile. Also any ideas on how to get rid of some of these pennies. I have over 100 rolls all of which are organized by year. I am not trying to sell them on here, I believe that's against the rules but any ideas on the quickest way to sell them would be greatly appreciated.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40137 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. The first two pics does look like an older cleaning to me.As to getting rid of the coins,try Craigslist,local coin club,local coin shop might pay you 2 each,Facebook.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20287 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Yes they do appear to be cleaned. And you have a lot of them so where did you get them? Have you thought about ebay? IF you just want to get rid of them, find a coin store and take them there. You will not get a lot of money for them there but should get rid of all of them that way.
just carl
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15613 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , with the ones you are showing us , looks like half of them were cleaned . We don't know what you paid for all of them but don't expect to make anything worth wild to write home about . Looks like all common date wheaties but look for semi keys or high grade circs .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59470 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, some have been cleaned and all are very common.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You could certainly just put them on eBay as a single 100-roll sale using that bottom picture. I would just mention in the description that it is a mix of coins sorted by date and some have likely been cleaned. They will probably all fit in a medium size flat rate box, so shipping isn't a big issue.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 401Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05