Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Get Such Clear, Magnified Pictures?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 565Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  10:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canadianpennyman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This might not be the right section of this site but I hoped someone here could help or move it.
I am getting a lot more into searching for varieties but they are hard to see!  What do you use for magnification?  I see some of the pictures on here and they are so clear and magnified.  How do you do that (both for magnification and for taking pictures)?
Any advice you can provide would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Brett
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40863 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you have now to take photos? How much do you want to spend?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
20601 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This might not be the right section of this site but I hoped someone here could help or move it.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canadianpennyman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John1 - I haven't taken any photos yet. I tried doing it with an iphone but couldn't get it to focus. I have a DSLR camera but haven't tried it yet. What are most people using? Is it a special lens? Or taking pictures through a magnifier?

Clearly I have no idea what I'm doing.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40863 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  04:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out the photo section of the forum. Some members use a DSLR set up and some use USB microscopes and some just use a smart phone with and with out a clip on magnifier. Give it a bit and members with more camera know-how than me will help you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 565Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05