Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Another Coin I Can't Identify - Legends Appear To Be Arabic

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 371Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  06:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bk8386 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This coin was in a holder that states it is from Netherlands East Indies. The country may be bogus - just someone's guess. I haven't been able to find one like it in Krause or on the internet. Coin is gold, weighs about 0.8 grams (Scale accuracy to tenths only so could be 0.75 to 0.84 grams). Diameter is about 12.8 mm. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4902 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  07:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my area of expertise, but have you checked Iran?
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This appears to be a Timurid ashrafi. If you compare with these coins

http://search.zeno.ru/index.php?v=0...d&e=&f=0&s=0

one side of some of them appears to match your coin pretty well, but I'm not sure about the other sides. It's possible on careful examination you may find a match here, or in any case hopefully this can give you a starting point.

Second photo should be rotated about 150 degrees counterclockwise.
Edited by Seeker55
06/04/2021 7:15 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 371Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05