Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Texas Numismatic Association Show This Weekend In Arlington, TX

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 365Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
8243 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  09:54 am Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone going from here? I was thinking about maybe Saturday or Sunday even. The website is horrible and the flyer link hasn't worked since I saw it posted, the info is on their Facebook page however.

No word on mask requirements, or social distancing. I notice many regular dealers that I usually see there aren't on the dealer map or list this time either.

It started yesterday for early bird arrivals, so anyone that is there or went please let us know what's up with the show.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11862 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm entertaining the idea of going, and it would most likely be Saturday afternoon if I did. I wouldn't mind getting in on that raffle. I don't have much of a budget at the moment to do any real shopping, so the drive may not be worth it.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8243 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My budget is also currently limited, I like going for the book auction I usually find a book or two that finds a way home, but that means drive back on Sunday (it's already a 85 mile round trip drive), if I bid on any no guarantee I'd win them either. At the last show, Kagin's had an auction going as well, doesn't look like there is any auction going on, I didn't see mention of any, only the book silent auction. I also see Bowers, Eagle Eye, Charmy Harker, Jon Sullivan, etc. aren't attending, and hardly any of the dealers I usually go to see are either, might just sit this one out. I'm betting not much in the way of mask requirements being enforced or even cared about. Even though I'm vaccinated now, it's still a gamble going out I think, I don't want to risk it yet.

Spruett you can buy raffle tickets online, I see no need to be in attendance according to their FB page.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

Edited by westcoin
06/04/2021 10:43 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11862 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Spruett you can buy raffle tickets online, I see no need to be in attendance according to their FB page.

The FB page says payments for tickets must be received by May 31st, so it looks like I would have to get them in person. It's about a 150-mile drive for me roundtrip, but I might not have anything better to do anyway if it rains all weekend. I've also never been to a show, so the experience would be good.
I see that ANACS is supposed to be there. I'm assuming they take submissions?
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8243 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  11:49 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS is at most all of the Texas shows, Grapevine included. They do accept submissions there, that is how I've done my last few ANACS submissions. I have only done them at the Grapevine shows though, there was (and probably still is) an ANACS representative that lives in the area. He collects all the coins and bulk sends them in so there is no cost to you for postage going only on the postage returning. Saves you quite a bit of money. Depending on value and insurance at least $25-30 dollars. I only send coin over $1000 value through registered & insured USPS mail. I used to have a separate insurance policy when I was a dealer that covered me for mush less in shipping.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Went today.

Almost no masking nor social distancing. I arrived at 10:30 am and left around 12:30 pm as my comfort factor was diminishing.

More non-coins than typical for TNA - jewelry, fossils, ancient oil lamps. Probably 7 or 8 dealers out of 200.

Lots of silver, but prices were high - 32.50/oz for 10oz bars. Some dealers had been selling ASEs based on historical prices. All gone. Dealers selling based on replacement cost had stock.

Dealers were guessing what to bring, so it was a broader selection than past years. Also raw coins outnumbered slabs - been many years since THAT was true.

The snack bar was open selling their $7 chili dogs.
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3517 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Christian was accepting ANACS submissions but by himself. It means it flows more slowly than when there are two people.
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8243 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the report, I will skip the show due to their lack of Covid caring. Texas GQP is in full effect it seems after the Huge "Q" party Dallas just put on at the Omni downtown.

My roommate is out on a photo expedition the last couple of weeks and is returning Sunday, I certainly don't want to bring anything in to the house I picked up. He has been socially distanced as he went to the the desert to shoot, nobody around for miles.

While I miss the shows and get togethers, they will return eventually, it just isn't time yet IMO. Closer to August and I think we'll be better. I just with more people believed in covid around here, too many looney bin types and antivaxers, this isn't a good thing. I know mask mandates have been lifted in Texas, but the part I'm in is very college educated and science minded, all stores I see around me are still requiring them vaccinated or not.

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 365Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05