Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Microscopes! I've Gotten One And Honestly Not Sure If Using Correctly

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 222Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  01:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add relentlessseeds to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
so ill try and upload a photo of this hand held microscope and any and all comments I do appricate as said the coin hunting habit ive gotten into is relaxing enjoyable yet it has left me vunerable to self I guess as clearly after a year and half I still no not a thing and yikes thats tough to swallow but indeed its fact ! no nothing nothing lol but iam trying to catch on as I really like the whole process of getting looking and idk learning I guess and in end I'm smart enough to know this even if I dont find a coin of value in this lifetime ive cashed in as the real value is being paid daily and thats with enjoynment of kicking back taking a look and thats that ! well got lost there but thing is microscope I hold down close and tune in till I see images such as attached is this correct or is there a better way to use this microscope for coin veiwing ? so bottom line iam asking am I holding microscope to close or is there other things I should know ?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40087 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Make,model and price paid please. Are you using a stand if it came with one? Pics a just a bit out of focus and a bit too much glare. You will have a problem with lighting no matter which scope you use. I have two scopes and had to block off all but one light on the scope and had to put a filter over that one. You can also just turn off all the lights on the scope and use a hand held led flashlight but put a filter on that also. Check out the photo section of this forum for tips and ideas.Also make sure to properly crop and rotate photos before posting.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  08:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add relentlessseeds to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sweet very nice ask and indeed you can get ! thank you as I have had this for a while though used very few times ! honestly on Amazon my daughter bought this for me about 15 dollars its has 50x to 1000x plugs right in to lap top and I like there may be better but if I use properly I think itll be sweet . and the useing properly well thats right here for all to see and just sweet as not only will I benifit but hopefully many others ! I will indeed take a close look at your words and in fact be putting them into practice here in next hours or so as the words seem to come from informed and iam way other end of that spectrum here . so I will and mean this thank you very much as know enough to know clear photos will give me what iam looking for which is answears to my questions so that I learn about what its I do put lots of time into and in end even if a coin I dont find of great value ill be cool with that as I know real value I get daily when I get the coins go home eat chill look through , relax I do . thats the value and this ill remember its the daily gift and yup thank you for your part in giving me this gift as ill now be gifted with knowledge and heck ya I'm down with that . again thank you . fact is I pick em up off the street I get from the penny bowls at check out at stores , banks when grabbing rolls and the coke ill drink here there its neat the things are everywhere and seems not all that many have interest so I say get em enjoy the time and well profit its there should ya chose to let go . yikes thanks again .
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40087 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO,a minimum of 50x is way too high. The lower the better when it comes to scopes and a maximum of 200x. 5x to 200x is about all you will ever need. Practice makes perfect and there is a big learning curve when it comes to lighting. Check out the photo section of the forum and do a lot of reading there and ask as many questions as you need to there also. Good luck.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05