Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Found Something Unexpected Today.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 636Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  9:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sometimes help out at a local automotive upholstery shop, and was there today. Now, we find coins in cars and old seat cushions all the time. But today I found something totally unexpected under a seat!

Notice the date of 2013! Probably no big deal to many of you, but I have never seen a money band just sitting around.
Edited by Nells250
06/24/2021 9:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I have car coins too. Phillipines issues, foreign coins, Greek, wheat cents, canadians pre60s nickels. You name it I got it.
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would have been better to find it full but still neat nonetheless
Valued Member
United States
52 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoolBreeze to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice $20 strap.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3256 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My younger brother managed a large metal recycling yard and picked up cash from the bank almost everyday. Payouts were redeemed for cash. Often these straps were used to wrap 20 $100 notes. I'm pretty sure this is not a BEP wrapper. The factory wrappers are a bit wider, as seen on these straps.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59474 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave it to Steve to have a picture gallery of BEP wrappers!
Learn More...
United States
102171 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting!

Quote:
Leave it to Steve to have a picture gallery of BEP wrappers!
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I think about it, isn't the self-stick/re-stickable style sort of a risk? Sure, you can probably slip bills in & out of a stack anyway, but the one I found doesn't seem very tamper-proof.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1919 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/402986 I made a new post for car find here. Might be interesting to see other peoples car finds.
Pillar of the Community
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking of doing that myself, but am not as brave as OLDFORDMAN! ;-) Now I REALLY have to pay attention to the icky coins we find in customer's seats!!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 636Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05