Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Shipping Coins To Canada From US

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 339Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So recently won an auction on eBay of some Washington quarters. Less than 5 dollars face value. the package was returned to the seller because it was a "prohibited item". I have bought coins from the US before and shipped to Canada with no issue before. Can you please share your experience and knowledge with me on this? how does this work? what am I doing wrong?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60919 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't be prohibited unless the seller failed to fill out the customs declaration properly. The paperwork hassle of sending coins to Canada hardly makes it worthwhile unless there is decent value involved.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3545 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes, your seller, sent them through 1 of the 2 stupid ebay internal shipping programs,.not global shipping but the other one.. and once it gets to the processing center they don't allow coins to come to Canada.. and they don't give you a reason... the seller should give you a full refund. and if you really want the coins, ask the seller to re ship them to you using only USPS/..

I had ordered 4 sets of silver Canada pl sets, from a seller in the states, they were denied entry as prohibited items, are you kidding me, Canada coins can't be shipped to Canada.

So yes talk to your seller, and see if they can be re shipped to you.. Or get a full refund and buy somewhere else where they ship by USPS, only..
Valued Member
Canada
154 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DouglasFir to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He re shipped with USPS first class mail today. first time was with one of the systems ebay uses. I have a few more coins coming from US and I'm hoping it's not going to be a hassle. Sigh.
Pillar of the Community
United States
756 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  10:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never had a problem. But I only use usps.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11985 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  02:54 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had any issues with USPS, but I don't think any shipments were eBay sales.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 339Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05