Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What About Posting Your Best Cherrypick Finds, Foreign Or American?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 396Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
901 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2021  8:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is there a current thread about this topic? Perhaps the ethics question would come up, since I know there is a range of dealer opinions from not caring if one cherries, to some dealers who don't want cherrypickers around.

I for one totally enjoy cherrypicking around and have some incredible finds
Pillar of the Community
United States
6133 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2021  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My best CP was about 45 to 50 years ago at a department store called Sanger Harris at Valley View Center in Dallas, Texas. I went there to buy some blue jeans and visited their coin and stamp department on my way out. Was looking thru the rotator case at the Morgan dollars and spotted a 2x2 labeled "1878-CC $1 BU $100". (Remember, this was around 1975). It was a beautiful coin, lots of flash. An Unc 78-CC back then was a 30$ coin so at a 100$ it had to be exceptional to bring that kind of money.

Anyway, took a closer look and what was in the package was a silver dollar alright . not a Morgan though, but a Trade dollar! I was floored to flip it over and see that CC mint mark! The coin was an easy 63, maybe 64.

Anyway ended up with coin for less than it was marked, kept it a few years and ended up selling it around 1980 and putting the money towards house #2.

The reason I didn't say anything about the coin being miss labeled is because they always treated me with indifference and acted like they knew everything and that I probably didn't have any money. (I was still kinda young!).

Wished I coulda kept it!
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 396Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: