Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 P-1 Do-001 LMC. Opinions Requested.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 280Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
144 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  5:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
After sorting through 2 bank boxes of cents,even though the box and wrappers were labeled "pennies",as well as 2 one gallon jars, I ended up with about 250 1983's.
Looking at the key dates first, when I pulled out the rolls of 83's,it was the usual, nothing of interest. Alas! Until the final coin! For real! The last one.
There wasn't much chance of mistaking this one. Mostly due to the to the knowledge provided by many of you here.
However, my excitement quickly waned when I noticed the condition.
Anyways, I am attempting my fist effort to post images. This is very hi tech stuff for me. Full front and back may not be to good. Areas of interest better I hope. The reverse images are included as LDS markers. There are more but trying to limit image overkill.
So, yes or no, your opinions awaited.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2416 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like you got it.
Congrats on a tough variety. Everyone seems to be focused on the DDR.
Link to VV variety page(FS101).
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...3PDDO001.htm
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40819 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find. 100% acetone and an Air-Tite capsule.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  6:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is always refreshing to see a real doubled die every now and then. Congrats!
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is the sad thing John1. Already acetoned. That is as good as it gets. Airtight for sure and much motivation to drive on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oof. If that's already acetone dipped I would sell so it does not rot away.
But congratulations on this variety!
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your input. Just goes to show that a gem isn't always a gem. I doubt there would be any interest in this condition. In fact, I don't think I would feel right about selling it to anyone. It looks worse than the crappy obv. and rev. images posted when in hand. Just happy to o find it in circulation.
Learn More...
United States
103710 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 280Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05