Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ancient Roman Coin Question Part 2

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 351Next Topic  

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  11:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SirKayDeVonKwon to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone.

Today, I have question with one of the roman coin I have. I will be honest, I have cleaned the coin because it was in pretty bad condition and unidentifiable condition.

The coin is big and thick.

The closest one I found was Marcus Aurelius. I could be wrong.

Can anyone help me with this coin?

Thank you,

Kay Kwon
Pillar of the Community
United States
5980 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Marcus Aurelius

Could be. Perhaps a sestertius? I think I can make out "IVS CAE" on the left obverse, which could be part of "AVRELIVS CAESAR". Reverse may be Minerva holding Victory on globe. I believe the readable part of the reverse legend is "TR POT V"

Perhaps the moderators could move this to the ancients section for some Roman experts to ponder?
Learn More...
United States
23597 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  03:49 am  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What did you use to clean this coin? It looks like it has been zapped.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SirKayDeVonKwon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bob L for the reply on my topic once again.

And echiczento, I used salt and vinegar, and baking soda mix and soaked into it for half day. I cleaned it wrong....
Learn More...
United States
23597 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO yes. to clean bronze coins you should either soak them in distilled water or olive oil. Either way it will take time to clean them.
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SirKayDeVonKwon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Echizento oh thanks for the tip. I will not make the same mistake again! Thanks
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 351Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05