Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Modern: 2014 Baseball Hall Of Fame Cousins - Part II

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 254Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6560 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  5:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Volume 2 of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum commemorative series was referred to as "Evolution of the Hall." (You'll recall that Volume 1 was titled "The Beginning.") The second volume covers the years 1964 to 1989 - the second 25-year block of the Hall's existence.

About Volume 2 From the series web site:

"The next 25 years of the baseball's history are featured in the second coin of the commemorative series, covering 1964 to 1989. It was a time of significant growth for both the Hall of Fame and the game of baseball, highlighted by expansion into new markets, the first-ever amateur draft, the advent of free agency and the introduction of the designated hitter. The era also included some of the greatest moments in baseball history - the 1969 Miracle Mets World Series victory, Hank Aaron setting the career home run record, Roberto Clemente collecting his 3.000th hit in his final at-bat.and who could forget the post-season heroics of Carlton Fisk and Reggie Jackson. During this time the Hall of Fame inducted a number of the game's all-time greats, including Ted Williams, Stan Musial, Yogi Berra, Sandy Koufax, Mickey Mantle, Ernie Banks, Willie Mays and Frank Robinson."

It was during this time that I became an avid baseball fan, played years of organized baseball and began to understand (as a Mets fan) how rare the good times can be and how they need to be dearly cherished. (Let's go Mets!)

Here are images of the panels of Volume 2, Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989.:

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Front Cover

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Front Cover

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Center Panel

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Right Panel Flap - Back

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Right Panel Flap - Front

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Medal Panel - Front

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Inside Medal Panel - Back

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Back Cover

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Certificate of Authenticity

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Promotional Sheet

COA Set - Volume 2: Evolution of the Hall: 1964-1989 - Front Cover of "Evolution of the Hall" Poster

I'll present images of Volumes 3 and 4 in future posts.

If you need to catch up on the introduction to this National Baseball Hall of Fame, licensed commemorative series:

- 2014 Baseball Hall Of Fame Cousins - Part I

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
08/02/2021 7:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!

As nice as the first one. Looking forward to the others.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7273 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous post commems and many thanks for continuing this tread series.

The Baseball Hall of Fame holds a special place in my heart with father- son (then age 8) making the pilgrimage to visit with a B&B stay and some canoe action on the local Cooperstown lake.

That was in 2001 - what a fabulous memory reinforced by your post.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11319 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did you register yours, @commems?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6560 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck: Glad you liked it! I do as well!

Quote:
That was in 2001 - what a fabulous memory reinforced by your post.

@nickelsearcher: Great story! I am planning on relating my own personal story about the Hall in my next installment.

@CelticKnot: No, I chose not to. I figured I would be opening the door for any number of direct marketing initiatives by Coins of America - something I was not interested in starting!

Please note: I added a paragraph to the original post - a brief promotional message about Volume 2.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
08/02/2021 7:52 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 254Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05