Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Coin Buyer To Block

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 635Next Topic  
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  6:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jfrederick to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The facts:
7/18/21 - buyer purchased coin on ebay while seller's account was on "time away."
7/24/21 - seller shipped coin to buyer via USPS first-class mail, with tracking.
7/27/21 - USPS "delivery in/at mailbox" at buyer's address verified by tracking.
8/13/21 - buyer opens, then closes shortly thereafter, INR case via ebay.
8/13/21 - buyer opens "payment dispute" with his "payment institution."
8/13/21 - seller responds, providing tracking information to ebay.

ZERO direct communication from the buyer at anytime during the transaction; including no contact prior to opening the INR and payments disputes.

I've had a case like this before, many years ago, that was settled in my favor - in part because I had signature confirmation of receipt on a $250 book. This was a $90 coin so I did not get signature confirmation. That dispute, however, never went to the "payment institution" (his credit card).

Has anyone else experienced something like this, and what was your outcome?

For those looking to block the buyer, please DM me for the user ID.
Edited by jfrederick
08/13/2021 7:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5970 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A buyer with a long history of purchases (maybe 1000+), or someone with fewer than 100?
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfrederick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Buyer has been on ebay for a number of years, with feedback in the hundreds. I've been selling on ebay since '99, with feedback in the thousands. So we both have a well established presence.

The buyer should have contacted me first, before opening any case. It's just common courtesy - especially between two long-standing account holders. The buyer didn't even leave a comment in the dispute.

Based on tracking, as far as I've known since 7/27, the item was delivered and all is ok.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42043 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jfrederick,
You need to turn on your email here on CCF. I think you need more posts to do that though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jfrederick to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would it be a problem for me to just post the user ID?
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 635Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: