Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is The 1977 No Mint Mark Quarter Without Errors Have Decent Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,813Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  10:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I seen a few on eBay for sale and thinking about buying one to hold on to. Sorry I don't have one for picture. Just the question.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3240 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

It's not a rare coin, with a mintage of 468,556,000, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one. Is there a reason that you want the 1977(P)?

I found a few that sold over the last 15 years or so, with prices that run from $5 for a MS65, to about $100 for MS67. The "Top Pop" is a MS67+ that sold for a record $2500, but that was an exceptional coin.

Edit and rewrite: I looked up the stats for the wrong year.
ANA Member ID: 3203813 - CONECA Member ID: N-5637
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Edited by Yokozuna
08/16/2021 11:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
509 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For most of the Philadelphia mint's history, they didn't use any mint mark for circulating coinage. The 1942-45 wartime nickels were the first exception. In 1979, they used a "P" mintmark on the SBA dollar, and in 1980 started using a "P" mintmark on all other coins except for the cent.

Therefore, a "no mint mark" 1977 quarter is simply a Philadelphia issue. There were almost 470 million quarters minted in Philly in 1977, so there's not really any premium in circulated grades, and just a small premium for uncirculated grades until you get above MS65.
Edited by hokiefan_82
08/16/2021 11:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4208 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
25 cents.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Luvdattcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gotcha, I just got lead to them on eBay browsing and the first 20 were listed in ranges from $150 to $600. Most were over $300. 18 of them weren't even graded. Only a couple had dd errors too. So I thought about trying to make fair offer on the best looking ones and sit on for few years with value increasing. I was just wanting to get confirmation or info why they were so expensive? And from the best folks in coins. #129311; first before I made a move But every seller was definitely proud of them for no reason. Thanks for the enlightenment and I'll make another donation this month to coin community cause I definitely appreciate it. Have a goodin.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
42816 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  04:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are those asking prices or sold prices. You should always check eBay sold values for real world values. People can ask whatever they want for a coin, but people only pay reasonable prices for them.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
funny, I did an eBay search for '1977 quarter' the results came back with sales ranging from $1.25 to $3.25.
I then did a search for '1977 quarter no mint mark' the results? first one was for an auction with 6 days left starting at $10.00 then jumping to $969.00 with 2 hours left on an auction but no bidders on that one, thank goodness.

all the coins were raw and UNGRADED!!

go figure...

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5406 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 1,813Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: