Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

September 2021 - RCM Release

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,959Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  1:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This month there are few items but a number of Extraordinarily High Relief (EHR) coins.

Pure Silver - EHR Lake Louise Terrain - 82.3g (2.65oz) - 50mm - FV $50 - Mintage 3,000 - $349.95
Pure Silver - Wolf Sketch (Robert Bateman) - 10oz - 76.25mm - FV $100 - Mintage 800 - $1,099.95
Pure Silver - Fractional Maple Leaf w' Diamond Glitter - 5 coins 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/10, 1/20 oz - Mintage 3,000 - $259.95
Pure Gold - EHR Bison Head - 63.27g (2oz+) - 36mm - FV $250 - Mintage 250 - $7,299.95
Pure Silver - EHR Bison Head - 1oz - 36mm - FV $25 - Mintage 5,000 - $139.95
Pure Silver - Generations: Inuit Nunangat (New Series) - 1oz - 38mm - FV $25 - Mintage 5,000 - $99.95
Base Metal - Holiday Card 2021 5 coin set ($2, Special Loon, 25c, 10c, 5c) - Mintage - 100,000 - $21.95

Notable by absence... Klondike anniversary rolls and keepsake cards... possibly a mid month release.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
937 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr

I had just posted as well the new releases and then I saw yours, so I deleted. The Bison (EHR) AND LAKE Louise Coin look really nice.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The EHR coins do look nice... The Gold Bison EHR is showing as sold out already though.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
937 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really liked that gold bison but the price...

I did purchase the silver bison and the Lake Louise High Relief terrain silver coin.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@New1954

I deleted my post to add more depth to my rant, so for others my original complaint was:

"Can you all save me a Lake Louise coin to purchase tomorrow morning? I really love how they left the FV/size the same....."

But I hit send before typing out my full thought, so here goes.

I understand you have to recirculate and re-imagine ideas and always add a new twist. I'm all for that. But I'm disappointed they put out these two lakes together in such a short time in completely different styles. I feel like these lakes should be part of a set. And if you're going to re-imagine that design in 10 years....so be it. I'd likely buy the first set and the second set. I collect based off of geography and this just disappoints me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
937 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  3:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jaymiles7

The Moraine Lake coin was part of a 2 coin PHOTO series by Peter McKinnon and also featured Mount Rundle. Neither coins sold out. The Lake Louise coin is extreme high relief terrain with a smudge of blue showing the lake. Totally different concept. I hope this helps.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6753 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: Thanks once again for compiling the list of new releases and posting it here on CCF.

My wallet escapes without a scratch once again! Maybe something in October will intrigue me.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
254 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered Lake Louise today with CDN.

The bison coin is a follow-up to last year's bald eagle (5000 mintage vs 4000 in 2020). I didn't find this coin attractive, apart from high relief. Nevertheless, I may order one tomorrow with Mint using my points.
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Steve309 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really thought there was going to be a coin celebrating the 100 Years of the TTC ( Toronto transit commission)
I partly remember doing a coin talk survey where they said they were considering doing one.

I'm disappointed it didn't happen
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jaymiles7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@new1954

I actually like the Moraine coin. And I'm sure I'll like this year's coin, I'm just upset and perplexed at this not being a set. I get it, the Moraine was a wonderful photo and they did it as a set by the photographer, but that doesn't give it a pass in my book.

I feel like there could be a nice lakes set like the national parks one that @commems recently featured.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6753 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really thought there was going to be a coin celebrating the 100 Years of the TTC ( Toronto transit commission)
I partly remember doing a coin talk survey where they said they were considering doing one.

I'm disappointed it didn't happen

It could be scheduled for a mid-month release. Also, there are still at least two full releases this year - October and November - never say never!

I realize that the TTC was founded in September 1921, which makes September the ideal month for a commemorative piece, but the Mint doesn't always release its coins in sync with exact anniversary dates.

PS I can't find any information on an Act passed to authorize a circulating coin (probably too local of a subject), so a non-circulating collector coin appears to be the only possibility.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6753 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But I'm disappointed they put out these two lakes together in such a short time in completely different styles. I feel like these lakes should be part of a set.

The same topic/theme is commemorated on coins of different sizes/denominations/composition/artistic style, etc. all the time. It is one way that Mints of the world attempt to appeal to the broadest range of collectors possible. There's no "rule" that similarly-themed coins need to be similar in design and sold as a set.

An example from my own collecting experience: In 2012, the 100th anniversary of the Calgary Stampede was celebrated with coin issues from the Mint. There was a copper-nickel 25-cent coin enhanced with colour, a 36 mm silver dollar and a pair of five-ounce, large format coins (one in silver - FV $50, one in gold - FV $500) that shared a design. Each of the three coin types was designed by a different artist, each had a distinctly different artistic style, each was a different denomination and none of the coins were packaged together as a set. I happily bought the silver dollar and never looked back!

Obviously, you're free to feel however you'd like about the Mint's approach to these two recent lake-themed coins, but I thought some context might help.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6753 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I feel like there could be a nice lakes set like the national parks one that @commems recently featured

While I'm a definite fan of the series, the National Parks $20 silver coins that were recently posted are in the collection of zhuyuecai. He or she deserves the credit.

Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No colored silver proof set (yet) as we had one 3 years in a row. Not sure at this point if the series will be continued, we have two more months. To be fair, I'm kind of hoping we don't get one just to save cash. I'm perfectly happy with the two proof sets that already exist this year, plus the specimen and various uncirculated sets/cards (I buy at least one of most of those).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6753 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No colored silver proof set (yet) as we had one 3 years in a row. Not sure at this point if the series will be continued, we have two more months.

It wouldn't surprise me to see some sort of proof set included in the October release. The Bluenose won its first Fishermen's Trophy in October of 1921, so October 2021 marks a true centennial anniversary.

It's possible the set would feature a coloured 36 mm Bluenose silver dollar vs. a 36 mm Bluenose silver medal, and be more like the 2020 75th Anniversary of VE-Day proof set which did not include coloured coins (other than the SD) vs. the recent proof sets that include a medal plus coloured coins.

I guess we'll know more over the next month!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
547 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2021  11:05 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pure Silver EHR Coin - Lake Louise:

Although I do like the coin, I totally agree with a review left on the RCM. The lake color should be turquoise and not blue. Probably not a big deal for some people, but I think the RCM got this wrong.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,959Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: