Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Coins With Agricultural Elements/Theme

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 201Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6537 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  08:16 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's the second of the three mini-list posts I previously mentioned, this time out it's a linked list of posts about classic US commemorative coins with one or more Agricultural elements. Once again, only a few classic US commemorative coins fit this theme, so the list presented is brief. As with other Index lists, I've supplemented the classics coins listed with a few others - a modern US coin, a US commemorative medal and a commemorative coin from Canada that fit the bill.

Note: The posts illustrate the expansion of my thought process for "Agriculture" coins within the classic series. The first coin to "make the grade" was the 1925 Lexington-Concord - it reflects my original, fairly-tight definition for the theme. The other classic coin entries show a loosening of my criteria to coins that include a clear agricultural element in their design vs. the simple depiction of a flora or fauna element.)

1. 1925 Lexingon-Concord Sesqucenennial
2. 1920 Maine Statehood Centennial
3. 1938 New Rochelle, NY 250th Anniversary
4. 1936 Providence-Rhode Island Tercentenary

Agree with my choices?

BONUSES
- US: Modern Coin - 2009 Native American Dollar
- US: Medal - 1938 Official Delaware Tercentenary Medal
- CANADA: 2005 Saskatchewan Centennial Silver $5.00

Quite a few world coins have been posted by others in the thread, so I encourage you to take a few minutes to scroll around a bit after you check out one or more of my posts.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Agree with my choices?
I defer to your expertise, as always.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7271 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful and as always expertly curated.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6537 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck/nickelsearcher: Thanks for checking in and posting positive feedback. Always appreciated!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 201Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05