Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Morgan Dollar In Acrylic

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 208Next Topic  
Valued Member
Lebanon
351 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  11:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I saw a Morgan dollar encases in acrylic in the 1970s , could it be removed from the encasing without harming the coin and being in acrylic will it affect the price ?
Edited by chronos
09/11/2021 11:38 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40856 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know it can not be removed without harming the coin. Use the search box upper left of page for more info, this subject has been brought up before.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60763 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe it can be removed safely by using a saw to remove as much excess plastic as possible and then dissolving the remaining Lucite (acrylic) piece in acetone.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/11/2021 11:49 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20373 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you mean like this,

Not sure what the material is but don't try it.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3999 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a nice collectible on its own .
That is one thing that I , among others
Collect . My criteria , they must have
any form of advertising or corporate logo.
Leave it as is !
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is a nice collectible on its own .
I agree. Unless it was a high value example, I would leave it be.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 208Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05