Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 5 Cent Piece For Grade Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 336Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  07:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone, a good friend of mine is letting me go through her old coins she inherited, they are not being stored properly considering there is a lot of late 1800s to early 1900s that are in fairly rough shape. This little guy seems in decent enough shape to ask for grading though( even if just a rough guess)

Considering the shape and low mintage I figured this would be one of the coins she should 22
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1270 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nicely aged coin. F-VF, and worth protecting in a 2x2.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She has this and a lot of old silver dollar and 50 C pieces and quarters and dimes in an old antique hot coco can, and an old change purse. Some of them the date has fully worn of but plenty can still be made out. The dollars and 50 pieces are all In fair condition
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62801 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say F-15.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4031 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say VF-20
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8622 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF20
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice I'll 22 it when I get home and put it back in it's coco tin lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While your at it, throw in a desiccant package in the tin with it.
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@greasyfingers, does that help keep the coins? There pretty worn down. I'll post some if the 25 and 10 examples. The 50 pieces are in ok shape but definitely have not been handled properly over the years lol. For the most part it's just silver value I would imagine. There is also some old large cents and provincial pennies. I'll take a closer look with my scope. There is also several 1960s 50 americain pieces
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 336Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: