Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question About A Few 1976 Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 260Next Topic  

United States
47 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This applies to the '76 quarter, half and dollar. There are spaces for 76-P, 76-D, 76-S, 76-S 40% proof and 76-S 40% BU. Now you can get the PDS from the usual sources. The S 40% proof from the 3 coin silver set. My questions is, where do you get the S 40% BU? And why would an S not be in a proof set?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1944 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The S would be regular proof set, 40% would come from the 3 piece proof sets and 3 piece uncirculated sets
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41334 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just so I'm understanding because this is confusing to me.

The 40% S-Proof comes from the 3 piece silver set where the coins are arranged in the display case like a triangle? LIke this https://www.ebay.com/itm/313670165524 This is the set I bought (not this exact one obviously) and man was it hard to get the quarter out of the plastic unscathed.

The 40% S-BU would come in a set where they arranged in a line. Like this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/255132702327
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41334 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yup
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fabulous! Thanks. Still learning over here.

I had a discussion with the wife and son last night about whether I should buy two silver proof sets for each year. One to keep and one to break up into albums. The vote was buy one and put it in albums. My son kept asking "why do you want two?" I said one to have a display case that shows all the coins for a certain year and one to fill the album of each coin type. I lost that discussion, I wanted to buy two but since I'm playing catch up it's cost prohibitive.
Learn More...
United States
105068 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 260Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05