Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Which Banks Don't Require You To Have An Account To Buy Coin Rolls?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  

United States
41 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  4:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rosebud to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have an account with Wells Fargo and I do go to them but I like to go to other banks as well. Chase hasn't required an account but Bank of America does. Are there others that don't require an account? I live in Southern California so maybe someone else on here lives in Cali?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Small local banks will usually let you get $50 or so in coins with no account.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5646 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In some areas out west the coin shortage hasn't gone completely away. Some banks are tightening up a bit and asking if you have an account--some US Bank branches are doing that.
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rosebud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to know. Thanks guys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  01:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the banks here in SoCal do require accounts to get coin. Wells tends to be more lenient than Chase overall and also seems to be more stocked on coins than Chase. BofA is definitely the most strict. I've had some luck at Union Bank in the past. Most US Bank branches are having coin shortage issues so you'll likely have trouble getting coin there.
CRH Nickeloholic. 1,300,000 nickels searched in five years! Already have found THREE complete Jefferson sets!
Edited by John77
09/18/2021 01:32 am
United States
41 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rosebud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. It's sucks to wait in line only to be told you need to have an account. Lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hit or miss. I've had banks order entire boxes for me as a no-account. I've also had banks turn me away just inside the door. All depends on what you can get away with.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does Wells Fargo require a bank account to order Coins?
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 432Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05