Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1952 D. Wheat 2.00g.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 239Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  9:54 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DACWG183 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Good afternoon. I ran across a 1952 D Wheat cent that was noticeably thin. Although the details are still fairly sharp. I compared it to another 1952 D I have and weighed them. The normal 52 is 3.14. The coin in question is 2.00. The overall size of the 2.00 52 when laid on the other is the same. It gives the illusion of being smaller but I believe it is because the 2.00 has no rim. Hopefully from the pictures you could possibly tell if this is struck on a wrong planchet. Thanks in advance and God bless.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54082 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a mint error. It is PSD. Dipped in acid. Intentional damage.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DACWG183 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have 2 posts going. A 1941 that I think your referring to. Or are you saying this 52 with a weight of 2.0 is Acid dipped? Maybe you ment to post this on the 41 thread?
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DACWG183 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. I see what your saying coop. What's crazy is I couldn't see that with them sitting here in front of me. Looking at the side by side I posted I can see the lighter coin has minor damage like the 41 I posted. I never considered that thing was dipped. Thank you sir. Awesome.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61751 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, PMD dur to acid treatment.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54082 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
83 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DACWG183 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop. Now that I have learned what this looks like it is crazy how many coins I find dipped in acid now. Thank you for all your effort. Making the images. Giving valuable information. I will retain it, apply it, pass it along to my son. He is 13 any he really has taken to the hobby. I am super proud of him as we learn together.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 239Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05