Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Am I Missing? Canadian Coin Errors Exist But To What Extent?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 948Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
Canada
9948 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  1:02 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found clips in mint bags, BU bank rolls and in pocket change someone dumped into a jar. They are out there.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
686 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No idea but my prized possession is an 1880 doubled die obverse NFLD 5c. It's roughly AU-58...not quite mint state....and has gorgeous toning on it. I keep meaning to photograph it and post....
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4023 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sammeli ... Please send me an email (PM) from this site.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Canada
230 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Done okiecoiner
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back on this question, I am curious if there is any large doubled dies like on American coin, I have seen some very nice examples but nothing where the images are actually separate. I'm finding minor doubled dies fairly often now but even pre 1980 it seems like all the doubling is single squeeze die style doubling.

One article I read said Canada switched to single squeeze dies in the late 1970s is it possible they experimented with them before that? Or is this info located on the RCNA possibly?

Edit:my auto correct is quite annoying blah.
Edited by Wrekkdd
10/15/2021 6:23 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 948Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: