Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Interesting Find In Today's Rolls. Any Help Would Be Great!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 337Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Abc123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So, I am searching through coins today and I come across this 1964 penny and it just stood out! It has this redish coloring to it ans for being that old I was pretty surprised.

As I am looking at it I notice that the features on it are more defined and the edges of it are sharp and square. I weighed it and it does weigh out at 3.11.

So my question is, can anyone tell me anything about it? I'm attaching a picture of it along with another 1964 next to it for comparison.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thank you so much!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nicer 64 that was not used as much. If you want to know the grade post direct front and back pictures in the modern grading section?
Pillar of the Community
United States
685 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can help from all of us here as we like to help each other out. What you have here in regards to your 'reddish' 1964 is that it has mint luster (perhaps uncirculated) while the other 64 has seen some circulation hence the brown color. It might be worth a few cents due to the elevated copper content.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5644 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very low mileage '64. Nice example. Could have been in a sock drawer for several decades, or was recently released from someone's old collection.
Learn More...
United States
105068 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 337Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05