Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are These Devil Face Canadian Bills? 1$, 20$ And100$

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 845Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
262 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As Dorado advised....coinsandcanada.com go to the banknotes section...you can enter the denomination and serial number; click the picture of your bill it give you a value for your bill in various grades...above that is a link to grading the bill
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2140 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinsandcanada is not accurate for pricing as far as I know
Canada
23 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Handi1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
>> Coinsandcanada is not accurate for pricing as far as I know<<

What would you be comparing that with ?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2140 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@handie1,any many long time members here have constantly told me in my threads not to quote coinsandcanada pricing due to the fact that it is not accurate. If it goes the same for bills I am not sure, but this is what I have taken from all the threads I have made.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12630 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find that no site or catalogue is really that accurate due to the fluctuating pricing market.
I find that the most accurate is to use eBays sold listings as that way at least
you know what people are paying for certain items.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2140 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow as far as I can tell on ebay people are selling modern polymer notes or a 30-50% mark up(nothing special about the bills), basically like if I pulled an uncirculated 100$ bill from an ATM or the bank and sold it for 120-200$. Why are people paying a large premium for normal even minor circulation bills?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12630 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your key word in your last post was "selling"".
You can't go by the selling price, sellers can ask whatever they want
to try and get someone to bite. What you have to do is go by the sold
price, that is what people are paying for them.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2140 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimmyD I meant sold. If you look up Canadian bills sold listing on ebay there is several just modern normal polymer notes sold at a premium.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you look up Canadian bills sold listing on ebay there is several just modern normal polymer notes sold at a premium.

I believe these notes are sold to collectors outside of Canada where it is difficult to get uncirculated bank notes.

In Canada, it easy to get brand new uncirculated banknotes from ATMs or bank branches.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2852 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  12:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
do anyone have any idea from the pictures what the 100$ and 20$ would be worth in this condition? I know it's only the one side but a rough estimate?

I agree with walk2dwater's assessment of the $100=$120 and the $20=$30 to $35.

The 1954 modified series was printed in enormous amounts of hundreds of millions over 25 years. It is quite easy to find them in uncirculated condition and the notes you have are pretty poor shape to be of interest to serious collectors. The prefix A/J for $100 is one of the more common prefixes out there. They printed 5,916,000 of them and the price is $120 for VF according to the Charlton catalogue. The $20 E/W note had 60 million printed and is valued between $30-$5.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 845Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: