Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1833 Large Cent For Grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 262Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  1:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well its becoming hard to post my measly coins I buy and sell after looking at numismatics recent buys! That guy has deep pockets and a passion for the hobby! Here is my latest puny buy. vf-20 ish? https://www.ebay.com/itm/294429818519
Pillar of the Community
United States
8462 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF20-25 seems right and looks very attractive. I hope I don't take away from your enjoyment of this great hobby, that is certainly not my intent. We are all here because we love coins and I am very thankful for everything that all of you have taught me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2734 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not taking anything away at all. I was kidding about the measly and puny comments. It is fun seeing your latest buys!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3309 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd agree with VF20, possibly details, but can't really judge surface preservation and how much porosity is there.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2490 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll join the VF 20/25 club. There is some porosity in the date area, but it doesn't seem excessive. I can't tell what is going on near the "U" of UNITED. It could just be the photo, with a reflection through the 2x2. If the reverse is OK, it looks like it would straight grade.

No coin purchase is puny. It's history, and that is always worthwhile!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62938 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 sounds about right, but tough to tell what it will look like in hand.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/05/2021 8:12 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: