Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good One In The Mix 1816 US One Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 210Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
250 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  12:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey hey diggers!

Well it's been fun out digging around in the fields these past few weeks. Tons of fresh air, exercise, nature in all its glory, and making some detecting finds.

You know it's not easy getting good coins dug out of the ground so you have to take what you get, sadly lately, I haven't been getting too much and of those, many aren't great. Every once and a while a decent keeper makes it's way under the coil.
While hunting an old site I found this cent buried deep in a hey field that will be a subdivision full of cookie cutter houses and duplexes by this time next year. I was happy to own this one before progress hid it away forever.

Now I know she's not much to look at but we dont get many American large cents up here in Atlantic Canada, so when one does show up it's nice to add to the detecting pile as a keeper.

Until next time...point me towards the silver..theres definitely a place in the pile for some of that!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62899 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remarkable find, what fun detecting is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!
Pillar of the Community
Australia
965 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's definitely a keeper. Such finds keep you going back out in the fields.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 210Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: