Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It Normal For A Coin's Edge To Be White?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 222Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dacp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a silver coin where a large part of the edge (reeded area) seems to have turned white. I just bought it. Is this normal? I would assume the white parts are milk spots but they're not really "spots". It looks more like it has been painted white. The obverse and reverse themselves do not have any milk spots so I find this to be strange. Has anyone encountered this before?

It's really hard to see but here is a picture. You can see the left and right sides are white compared to the middle.
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you weighed the coin and checked dimensions? Are you satisfied the coin is real? It could be moisture or humidity changed it. But odd things make me wonder.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dacp to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Have you weighed the coin and checked dimensions? Are you satisfied the coin is real? It could be moisture or humidity changed it. But odd things make me wonder.

I checked the dimensions which are only about 0.20mm less than what they're stated to be by sources on the internet. I guess a slight deviation like that is ok. I don't have a scale so I didn't weigh it. It's probably real but I'll need to find more ways to test it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: