Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Roman Copper Coins - 4 For Identification

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 232Next Topic  

Australia
12 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  09:21 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ClusterCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been working through the collection of degraded Roman coins I received as a gift and have four, more difficult coins to identify.
The previous thread at http://goccf.com/t/409249 was incredibly useful in identifying the previous batch of coins.

This dapper looking emperor on a 2.21g, 20mm coin. Reverse has two people facing each other. Figure on the right is standing up straight.

1.77g, 16mm. Radiate crown. "UC" on front, a distinct "H" mint mark on reverse. Looks like a soldier holding a stick.

1.95g, 17mm. I can't even guess what's on the reverse. Some sort of animal?

This last one is quite tough.

6.54g, 24mm. "VSHO" on the obvers.

Thank you very much.
Edited by ClusterCoin
10/21/2021 09:22 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2373 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin 2....Something like this..Gallienus..
https://www.vcoins.com/en/stores/ro...Default.aspx
Edited by Palouche
10/21/2021 4:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1838 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add maridvnvm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin 1 - Aurelian, Probably RESTITVT ORBIS

Csin 3 - Constantius Gallus - AE3 - FEL TEMP REPARATIO, Soldier spearing fallen horseman - Minted in Siscia
Australia
12 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ClusterCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Palouche and maridvnvm, I spent quite a while looking for these coins (especially number 3) and couldn't find them myself.

I'll keep looking for the last coin but I think it may be too degraded.
Edited by ClusterCoin
10/21/2021 6:47 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
133 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnConduitt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could the last one be Augustus? As, Obv: Head of Augustus, bare, right, CAESAR AVGVST PONT MAX TRIBVNIC POT. Rev: Legend surrounding S C.

http://numismatics.org/ocre/results...lltext:right
Australia
12 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ClusterCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you JohnConduitt, I think you have it spot on.

I didn't notice the rear has a large "SC" on it. What I thought was "VSHO" on the obverse looks like "VSTPO" on 'RIC I (second edition) Augustus 437'. The hairline and sharp end to the hair above the forehead also matches my coin.

Brilliant. Thank you.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: