Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1945 Silver Dollar Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 709Next Topic  
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone.
Is this 45 Dollar legit? If so, any opinions on grade?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2100 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to know if it's real the easiest way to find out would be to weigh it, also make sure it's non magnetic.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2100 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also it looks like it is in a holder, if you want a grade it's recommended to remove it from the holder.
Valued Member
Canada
58 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CAmint to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks real. I would say about VF-20.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12574 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks genuine. Doesn't have any of the markers of a counterfeit.
Just well worn.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2100 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still hard for me to even guess based on a holder. It can reflect light making lusted seem non existent, also can hide cleaning. My biggest issue is the rim looks pure white or silver, but. The rest looks dulled. I think based on wear higher then vf20 but could also be cleaned. Can you take a photo out of the holder? I'm trying to learn more about grading but raw photos would be needed.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Three more pics out of the holder.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1181 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, it looks cleaned
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1488 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  09:57 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VG 10 at best IMO
probabaly not cleaned, but well naturally worn.
looks like a pants pocket piece...i.e. a good luck coin for someone.
Canada
42 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numisnut1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Funny that! This coin was purchased at an online auction (not eBay) for way over value. It was presented as EF40. Buyer beware I guess.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 709Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: